Paul Ricard was not only a visionary creator, but also a builder, an arts patron and an artist.
He has fashioned this island on his own plans and he has created a truly hamlet where you can find shops and workshops, an harbor an a bar where Jazz music filled the air during many years.
In this truly theatre decor, celebrities such as Dali, Fernandel, Raimu, Josephine Baker, Luis Mariano, Paul Belmondo, Melina Mercouri, Gagarine, Jacques Dutronc joined the biggest jet-set parties of Var in the sixties.
Nowadays, in this many-celebrated « Jardin des Arts », visitors can have a swim or explore its underwater universe…Before going to the opening of a gallery exhibition, they might admire the work of the artists or enjoy the tennis ourts. They can also attend one of the regular congresses held on the island.
When the sun goes down and last orange rays of twilight are fading, Bendor becomes more romantic…the stone of the eternal “Isola del Bandoris” turns which was yellow ochre in the evening, turns in a pure white under the moonlight.
- Ile de Bendor
- 3 hotels (Le Delos***, Le Palais, Les Petites Villas)
- 5 restaurants (Le Delos, La Terrasse, Le Delos Plage, Le Soukana Plage and Restaurant Le Grand Large)
- La Marina, the smallest port on the Cote d’Azur:
- Museum of Wines and spitituous liquors (EUVS)
- Museum of Ricard Advertising Objects
- Gift shops
- Artists’ workshops
- Exhibitions and Art Gallery
- Sports activities: tennis, swimming pool, water sports, hiking…
N.B.: No picnic on the island, please. Thank you.